‘Encouraging business potential and opportunities’
Derby Chamber of Commerce Inc. is a private company categorized under Non-classified establishments and is located in Derby, WA, Australia. The Chamber partners with many organisations to create a collaborative and cooperative effort towards fulfilling its mission.
Numerous opportunities are available through the Chamber to build new contacts and gain visibility, which will ultimately bring more business to the community.
To provide high quality services for our members and improved lifestyle through business growth and prosperity:
- Play a leading role in formulating strategic plans and policies for economic development and sustainable growth of business in the Derby region
- Promote the Derby region as a location for the development of new business and industry to bring additional investment, ideas, expertise and employment to the benefit of the community
- Represent the business interests of the community fully and fairly when liaising with or lobbying key public and private sector organizations in relation to matters of concern for the development of business and industry in the Derby region
- Promote strategic partnerships and networking between groups and individual businesses in the Derby region in order to share expertise and promote business interaction
- Promote and support activities and schemes that develop a greater awareness and understanding of businesses in the Derby region
- Assist businesses in the Derby region in finding relevant information and training resources from local, regional and national sources
- Promote and support activities and schemes that will help businesses in the Derby region operate more effectively and efficiently
- Encouraging local business and service providers to raise the standards of services and products to attract residents, companies, local, state and federal governments to purchase in Derby
Chamber offers Members
The Derby Chamber of Commerce represents local businesses keen to make a difference in the Derby community. It provides a venue for submitting your business ideas, concerns and issues.
Together with Chamber business news updates, events and guest speakers, Chamber meetings are focused on advancing local business priorities, including:
- Working with key stakeholders, such as the Shire of Derby West Kimberley, to ensure a mutually beneficial, two-way communication about current and future projects, goals and objectives affecting the Derby business community.
- Providing a centralized point of contact, enquiry and referral for existing businesses and also for new businesses interested in establishing in Derby.
- Providing an advocacy forum in which to address and act upon local and regional business community matters.
- Free listing in the Business Directory on the Chamber of Commerce website
- Opportunity to attend (members only) Business after hours functions and network with other local businesses and visiting Industry representatives
- Opportunity to host Business after Hours functions and promote your business and or new services throughout the West Kimberley via Chamber of Commerce extensive membership base
Establishing a new business in Derby
In the same time zone as Asia and close proximity to significant land and offshore Industry projects, Derby is conveniently situated as the key point of entry to the Kimberley. Mining developments, a strong pastoral sector, the substantial presence of State and Federal government projects and a growing tourism industry provide excellent opportunities for new businesses. Large corporations and Industry groups will find in Derby the enthusiasm, support and regional knowledge essential for current and future business operations.
- Shire of Derby West Kimberley: Current Tenders
- Project Connect: Australian Business Opportunities
- Tenders WA
- AusTenders (Australian Government Tenders)